Monday, November 21, 2011

monday mondayyyyssss

so my monday consisted of this : jog around the 'hood, trip to the Paramount lot, home-cooked lunch, walk to starbucks, packed about 95% for NY, home cooked dinner, amazing monday night tv. Then ... dun dun dun...the internet (where my day gets interesting, keep reading).

My jog was pretty uneventful, so i'll get to the juicy stuff. I arrived on the Paramount Pictures lot, after sitting in about an hour of traffic. But it was worth the drive. I got a personal, private tour of the lot, highlighting only what i wanted to see: the set of the tv show, Happy Endings. After I got the pics of me i needed for my "Hollywood" stash, I hit the road. Cooked a nice lunch at home, then decided to walk to Starbucks to sip and read a bit. It was freezing, but a quick 10 min walk, and it was kinda nice. I had an apple spice -- i highhlllyyyy recommend it -so good, "fall-like" and cozy! All of a sudden the neighborhood drunk/homeless/crazy man came in. Ordered his Usual, sat down at a table, and started yelling/talking to himself. Very amusing.

I may add here that I think i'm a good packer, but i'm such an over-packer. I know I am though, and that counts for something. I like being prepared, and hate to leave something behind, just in case. Luckily i get 1 checked bag for free, so i'm not stressin about bringing a carry-on size. Also strategically leaving room for shopping, duh.

Fast fwd to Monday night tv - the lineup? Beverly Hills housewives (omg, taylor!), Gossip Girl (omg, i want chuck and blair together!) and House (OMG - that girl and the little boy!!).

Then i browsed the internet for a bit, and remembered how I emailed this guy via OkCupid a few days ago, so i wanted to check if he ever wrote back. NOTE: I rarely, practically never, initiate a message/make the first move on dating sites. Primarily because i never know what to say, and secondly, i havent found anyone that's good-looking enough to try to pursue. However, i came across this one profile, the guy looked cute, and like he'd be fun, so shot him a message. I basically said we should get chipotle sometime (because he mentioned he could eat that any day), and asked if he was british, because he used the word "mum" somewhere. I closed it with how he can send me a message back via the website, or via email, whichever he preferred. here was the response i got back: Hey Harley - hope you're doing well. Let's go grab some Chipotle and make sweet sweet love in the corn fields. haha. Being silly. I like to pretend I am British when I am writing profiles for dating websites...it's kind of my thing. Hope you're having a great day. What kind of email shall I send you? 

Brett

I know, i was very disappointed when i read the response too. The 4 "o-no" moments for me? 1. "sweet sweet love in the corn fields" - i get that it's a joke, but its not funny.. 2. he pretends he's british when writing profiles -- what???? .. 3. "what kind of email shall i send you" - actually that one can break down into 2 .. i dont like the word "SHALL" from a guy. but mainly, that he didnt understand my emailing option.. so, womp wommppp. and 4, "brett" is my brother's name .. don't wanna be shouting that one out in bed!!
Anyway, I'll let you get some sleep - at least one of us has work in the morning. More to come, thanks for reading.
-Harley's Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment