Thursday, July 5, 2012

THE 4th!

Happy belated Fourth O' July everyone!! Hope everyone had fun and was safe. For some reason, LA had nearly the worst weather on the 4th. For weeks leading up to it, we've had sunny, cloudless skies, and perfect warm temperatures. However, once Wednesday struck, the clouds came in and so did the cool temperatures --- womp wompppp. Luckily, most of my plans were inside. First, I hit up an apt party in the Pacific Palisades. What a nice apt!! Johnny Depp was there, which was cool. Just kidding, the dude just really looked like him, but I was starstruck anyway. It was a lot of fun, but broke up after several hours, as we started to get antsy and wanted to be outside on the beach, regardless of the lack of sunshine. So a friend of mine and I hit up another party I knew about on the beach in Santa Monica by the "steps" -- for some reason it took us forever to figure out exactly where it was, but alas we made it, and the party was still going strong with drinks, cornhole, and volleyball. We stayed there for quite some time till we got hungry, so we hit up this party in Century City -- turns out the guy that lived there was one of the "geeks" from a season of Beauty and the Geek. Amazing place!!.. Plus some really nice people and amazing food -- including smores -- YES, SMORES!!! -- i know, I had several, and they were delish. We ventured up to his roof to watch the fireworks, equipped with blankets and iphones acting as speakers playing some Amer'can jams.  The only issue with getting up to the roof was getting down. The only access was the opening through the guy's closet and the stair case wasn't a staircase - it was a ladder! .. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not a professional ladder climber, and getting down is harder than getting up - especially when you're a bit tipsy and you need to balance yourself to get your other leg over the ledge to begin the decent and not fall and completely fuck up and kill yourself. Needless to say it took me a good minute to accomplish this task, and with the help of about 3 guys to balance off of-- but I made it down safely!!

I finally made it home, and went right to bed, as I had work the next day, bright and early. I was surprised at the mix of people who had off vs who didn't have off work but I think the majority of us had work, which I was surprised by.

What did you do to celebrate??? Did you have off work on the 5th?? Share your stories / thoughts / concerns in the comment box :)

All for now, thanks for stoppin by,
Harley's Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment