Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kitchen Sinking It

Wow, just realized I haven't updated since Vegas! Shame on me ... well, let me get you up to speed on my life since then:

Vegas: Amazing. Such a fun weekend, I really had a blast! However, I will never go back during Memorial Day weekend again nor stay at the Hard Rock hotel again - worst customer service, even though they gave us a free bottle of Skyy vodka due to our room not being ready till 445pm. Anyway, the first day we got there we went ziplining over Freemont Street - highly recommend it. Then hit up Rehab pool, then at night we went to Tryst. Sunday, we went to the pools at the MGM (PS, did you know they got rid of the lions in their lobby? so sad). Then we ventured to the "Welcome to Vegas Sign" - we had our cab driver hop out with us and take our photo! Sunday night we hit up Lavo for the deep fried Oreos - best dessert everrrrr .. then partied at Tao. Monday was our last day so we chilled poolside at Nirvana at the Hard Rock - the entire lay out deck + bottom of the pool is sand - very cool.

A few weekends later my best friend from growing up finally came out to visit me! We've known each other for 20 years - kinda crazy, but that's when you know you got a true friendship. Anyway, we had a blast - jam packed weekend. We hit up the American Idol auditions at Dodger Stadium - quite an experience, then she explored all that Burbank had to offer while I was at work. Fri night we went out on Main Street to Areal (get their pizzas!!) then hit up a friend's rooftop party at his apt in Downtown LA. Saturday we spent the day at Malibu Family Wines (did I mention our ride up there was in a convertible?? woop woooop). That night I took her to Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery - this is a real cemetery that holds screenings through the summer on Sat nights, usually famous old scary movies. Everyone lines up about 2 hours before doors open, and you bring blankets, and pillows and picnic stuff + beer/wine is allowed too! Then they project the movie on a huge screen, which is really the side of a mausoleum. The movie we saw was Nightmare on Elm Street - Johnny Depp's first movie (so in the credits it said "And Introducing, Johnny Depp - haha). Anyway, so of course you look around at everyone else's spread and set-up, to see what they brought, and what you excluded or forgot in your own picnic. I must say, the winners were this group that brought a little mini folding table, and they had legit wine glasses, and candles! So cute, ugh I was jealous I wasn't in that group. Then on Sunday we enjoyed a nice brunch for a bday at The Roof -- on top of the Wilshire Hotel. Amazing view of West Hollywood/ Hollywood Hills - you could even see the Hollywood Sign in the background! The food was delicious too, plus the little wading pool in the middle of the deck was nice too. Then I had to take her to Coffee Bean, which is the LA's "starbucks" - even though we have Starbucks, no one else has CB so we had to do a taste test comparison. Later on the way to take my friend to the airport, we made a quick detour to In and Out, as she had never eaten there before, and that is such an LA thing also, not to mention we also bought matching T-shirts!

That's pretty much it as of now, ladies and gents. Oh PS, I went surfing the other day for like the 2nd time and it was amazing! I have another lesson coming up this weekend, and am super psyched about it. Oh yeah, and my parents are coming to visit too, so that should be fun! Thanks for reading, all for now!
-Harley's Hype






No comments:

Post a Comment