Saturday, December 10, 2011

So it's been approximately 2 months of unemployment! I am ready to work again ..so if anyone out there reads this that is planning on hiring me .. haha the joke's over .. ok i get it, ... u can hire me now!! ...

nope, still unemployed.

I didn't think i'd be without a job for this long, but I'm experiencing the holiday slump in Hollywood . . so i know it's not me, it's the industry (right?) .. I apply to about 5-10 jobs online a day -- it's exhausting but i figure, why not? might as well submit my resume, you never know.

Trying to fill my time with being proactive, and exploring LA, but since i got back from NY, I wasn't feeling well so I was taking it easy ...and that put me in a slump for sure, so I'm working on myself to get out of it. If you could recommend any fun free activities during the work week days, that'd be fab. (no hiking groups though, please).

I did go to Ice the other day. It's santa monica's outdoor ice skating rink. The city builds it every year in november and it's up till jan 16th. it's super fun and has a little snack stand too. But if you go, make sure to skate with hockey skates - NOT figure skates. If you've ever skated in hockey, you know what i mean ... the difference is amazing - it's so much easier to skate in hockey skates than figure --so try that out and get back to me. Also, the best time to go is at 2pm when they open, that way you get fresh, smooth ice.. i was there around 430 and it was already pretty snowy.

alright, that's all for now ... you're welcome for a short post.

more to come,
Harley's Hype

1 comment: